Caption: (L-R ) Tobias Straube (Managing Partner, Scio Network), Joshua Kemboi(Coach, EldoHub), Maurice Otieno(ASSEK), Wolfram Zunzer (Head of Programme, WIDU Africa Platform) and Daniela Weinberger(Advisor for Employment with the Diaspora WIDU Africa Platform).
We are still underway with our partnership with WIDU, which has seen 197 coaching visits being done and 129 Entrepreneurs.
In a bid to facilitate capacity building efforts of the project, the GIZ WIDU team from Germany and Kenya carried out a 2-day training workshop on Thursday 16th and Friday 17th of September 2021 at Sopa Lodge Naivasha and was facilitated by;
- Wolfram Zunzer -Head of Programme,WIDU Africa Platform.
- Tobias Straube -Managing Partner(Co-founder), Scio Network
- Fridah Kibuko – Project Manager for Kenya,WIDU platform
The training was attended by 18 coaches from 3 coaching organizations i.e Private Equity Support, Ongoza Institute and EdoHub who are taking part in business coaching to entrepreneurs under the WIDU project in Kenya.
The areas covered in the training were as follows;
- WIDU background, goals & objectives.
- Deep dive into the steps of the coaching process and elements of the coaching
- Introduction to WIDU coaching templates, other resources and the WIDU.africa platform
- Benchmarks and targets
- The general role of coaches and code of conduct
The training was also attended by one ASSEK Board member Christopher Odongo and the ASSEK Project Coordinator, Maurice Otieno.
WIDU Africa is an online platform that aims to support entrepreneurship in Africa. It is an initiative of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), implemented by the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The goal is the creation of new jobs, increased income and better economic perspectives for participating African countries.