The Association would like to hereby invite all the ASSEK members to attend the fifth Annual General Meeting (AGM) which will be held on Friday, 15th March 2024 at 10 am in Nairobi (exact venue will be communicated). The meeting shall be conducted physically, kindly Register Here to attend.
The agenda for an Annual General Meeting shall be:
- Confirmation that quorum is present.
- Confirmation of minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting.
- Opening statement by the committee chair.
- Presentation and adoption of the audited financial statements for the year ending 2023.
- Appointment of auditors for 2024 accounts.
- Presentation of the annual report 2023 of the association activities.
- Election of new members of the board.
- Responding to members’ questions.
- Vote of thanks to outgoing members of the board.
In addition, we kindly request that you review the AGM guidelines outlined below:
In order for the AGM to be convened, there will need to be a quorum consisting of a simple majority consisting of 48 members, according to the ASSEK constitution clause 9.7. No business shall be transacted at any General Meeting unless a quorum of Members is present at the time when the meeting proceeds to business.
The AGM will be open to members. However, only current members who have renewed their membership will be allowed to vote on issues according to the ASSEK Constitution clause 9.6. Two-thirds of the Members entitled to vote present personally, virtually, or by a duly authorized representative, shall be a quorum.
We thank you for your continued support and look forward to a robust discussion during the AGM.
Please ensure to renew your membership before the AGM and if not sure please check your membership status by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of any comments and/ or queries, please contact us at the same email address listed above.