GIZ’s AgriJobs4Youth initiative is meant to create opportunities and to empower young people to build their livelihoods through gainful salaried employment or self-employment in agribusiness.
Through the Jenga Gender Uomoke- Idea Competition, the project seeks to elevate new, fresh perspectives with bold ideas in overcoming obstacles for particularly young women, promoting equal opportunities for all in the agri-food sector.
Entrepreneurs are invited to present their ideas in overcoming opportunity gaps which:
- They are already implementing in their organisations or
- They have newly developed in either of these categories;
- Participation in (agricultural) training & education
- Advocacy and leadership
- Access to finance, inputs, services and markets
- Open category for other innovative ideas targeting the agri-food sector
- Kenyan entrepreneurs(Individual or a team) representing a Kenya-based organization with activities in Bungoma, Kakamega, Kisumu, Siaya and/or Vihiga Counties impacting the agri-food sector
- Committed to implementing the idea if selected as a winner
The submissions will be competitively judged by a panel of judges. They will select the final winners based on:
- Clarity of the concept,
- Inclusivity (gender, age, disability)
The four winners (one per category) will be awarded with an in-kind contribution worth up to 250, 000 KES for the implementation of their idea during the Omoka na Agri-Jobs – Youth Festival 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your ideas using the provided template until September 30th to the email address: email@example.com